Why Your Email/Tweet/Text/WhatsApp May Not Get Answered
When email/text/tweet/WhatsApp was first created it was like magic. Now it's become a logistical challenge to keep on top of. If you don't manage it, it'll manage you. I find the biggest issue is the ability for someone to send a short question, which requires no thought what so ever to create and send, however requires deep thought and a long time to reply to. I also find it a little cheeky how some people think knowledge and wisdom is something they're entitled to for free, just because they've sent a cold message.
I try and share as much as I can with my Voyantist community, I'm more open (for obvious reasons) to clients and also current members of VoyantMastery.com. I also share interesting findings via my twitter accounts @TheVoyantist & @MavenAdviser so please follow me there. However I still can't answer poorly constructed, selfish communications. So therefore I will treat your communications with the respect they deserve. Usually your question can be answered by doing a little more digging.
If you email me a question that Google can answer, I find this the height of rudeness.
Examples of terrible email questions:
- What's the best marketing channel you've found?
- What investment philosophy do you implement?
- Can you recommend any good books?
- What's been your experience of XYZ?
- Do you think I should XYZ?
- What's the difference between A and B?
Do not ever send these emails to anyone, certainly not me.
Examples of good emails:
- What do you think is better Wordpress or Squarespace?
- If you were to focus on one marketing channel what would you choose, obviously I don't want you to explain 'why' as that would be a complete bleed on your time?
- Can you recommend or link to a great videographer?
- What book do you gift to your clients?
I won't answer your communications if they're sloppy, ill-conceived and poorly constructed.
The magic has become a curse.
Communicate well people.